I could not be more proud to take part in the AAPD Summer Internship Program; my staff and I are all more enriched because of it.”
AAPD’s Summer Internship Program
If you will be living in the Washington, DC area during the 2014 summer and you’re a college student, graduate student, or recent graduate (within one year), AAPD’s Summer Internship Program provides the opportunity to gain hands-on professional experience to help advance your career goals. Interns will receive a stipend, mentor matching, and additional resources during the summer. Candidates interested in the professional arena of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) and veterans with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Applications must be received by 5:00 PM (Eastern Standard Time) on or before Wednesday, February 5, 2014.
Step 1: Click on the link to the Word format application which can be found here.
Step 2: Fill out the application.
Step 3: Submit the application via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Any college student (degree and non-degree seeking), graduate student, recent graduate within a year and veteran who self-identifies as an individual with any type of disability is invited to apply. You will not be required to disclose your specific disability; however, your application for this program will signify that you consider yourself a person with a disability.
· PLEASE NOTE: This is a program run specifically for students with disabilities by the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD), the nation’s largest cross-disability membership organization. Those selected for this program will be involved in various disability-focused activities and associated with AAPD and fellow interns with all types of disabilities throughout the program.
· Applicants chosen for the AAPD Washington DC Summer Internship Program release all information contained in their application for use on the AAPD website and in public press releases, including releases to the program funders and potential employers.
What Happens Next:
· Completed applications received by AAPD before 5:00 PM EST, Wednesday, February 5, 2014, will be collected and reviewed by our internship review team.
· Finalists will be contacted for formal telephone interviews.
· Interns will be selected for the program and notified by mid to late February.
Deadline: Wednesday, February 5, 2014. (5:00 PM, Eastern)
Internships at AAPD's Washington D.C. Office
AAPD offers internships to qualified students and recent graduates during the Fall, Spring, and Summer. To view and apply for current openings, visit our Jobs at AAPD page.
AAPD has partnered with The HSC Foundation to create the Youth Transitions Fellowship (YTF). This partnership funds a full-time fellow to work on the organizations’ youth transition and collaboration work. The fellow facilitates collaboration among internship programs based in the greater Washington, DC area, including the Greater Washington Internship Coalition.